11/25/10

Walmart in DC

Like most real Americans, I eschew football and parades on Thanksgiving to spend some quality time catching up on my local urban policy and planning blogs. I've particularly enjoyed Dan Malouff's analysis of Walmart's plans to build four new stores in the District. So far, he's looked at three of the four proposed locations, so it's not too late to catch up!
I can't say that I have strong feelings one way or the other about Walmart coming to DC, but I'm gad that it seems like the company is building stores in a way that's fitting for the urban environment. Like everything else in DC, I wonder how the race/class politics will play out, but I assume that so long as there's no dog parks or bike lanes near the Walmart, it shouldn't be too much of a powder keg.

No comments:

Post a Comment