4/12/11

Ride Home 4/12

The blog would be nothing without the support of its readers. This blog is barely anything as it is. I received an email from a dedicated reader (ok, it was my wife) pointing out the following:
red track suit = ben stiller in Tenenbaums
I can't believe I missed that.
It looked rainy this afternoon, but the roads were dry. This was a nice break for my bike, which I'm tired of getting so damn dirty on account of the puddles, road spray and whatnot. I don't know why I bothered cleaning it the other day. I'm going to have to do it again this weekend. Maybe I'll also clean the bike I'm planning to sell (I'm posting it on craigslist this weekend). Though it didn't rain, it was windy and that was mildly unpleasant. I'm not sure that tailwinds actually exist.
There were very few other riders on the road today. @BikeArlington was right, though there was hardly enough wheat to make even a half a loaf. A few mountain bike types and one lady who had an Obama 2008 spoke card in her front wheel. I don't know if the Obama 2012 spoke cards are out yet. Or why you'd want a spoke card. Whatever.
Speaking of politics, the DC Vote people went a-signing today and posted these beauties down by M and the Key Bridge:
Also, don't tread on grates. You might slip!

Maybe members of Congress will see it driving back to Virginia, where they live. Also, the outline of DC is hardly a compelling image to use. Might I suggest a crying George Washington?
My legs finally started feeling good by the time I was almost home. Funny how legs can be so temperamental. Some days I feel pretty spry, others I've got nothing. It's kind of funny how that works. If only I had majored in exercise science (if that's a real thing)!

No comments:

Post a Comment