1/20/14

A quick post on the tires I previously disparaged

I apologize to you, Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires. I formerly claimed that you were terrible at rolling and since that's one of your raisons d'ĂȘtre, it's pretty much tantamount to saying that you're terrible at life, and one oughtn't tell anything, much less anything inanimate, that it's terrible at life. Since so doing (and really, I regret it, I swear!), I've put in another bunch of commutes and a really long ride and the tires have performed valiantly. Wonderfully even. It has helped that I have kept them inflated, kept the chain properly lubed and have more consistently been riding clipped in. But, these thugs are all important and the tires have worked great.  So maybe it's not the tires. Maybe it was me. Maybe it was the whole damn system that was wrong. [ATTICA! ATTICA! {I never got why Al Pacino was so mad about the Peloponnese, but the 70s were a confusing time. Maybe something about the junta?}] Anyway. And  since the tires promise no flats ever, even when riding through a sea of porcupines amidst an ocean of broken glass at a thumbtack factory that was purpose built in a cave full of stalactites (and stalagmites?) that is also underwater and serves as the mating habitat of swordfish, well, that they sort of roll nicely too (after you get used to them) is quite the bonus. So, sorry tires. I misjudged you.

1 comment:

  1. I have been a long-term fan of Schwalbe Marathon Pluses and your previous post had made me doubt them. I'm glad you're now back on team Marathon Plus.

    ReplyDelete