9/13/11

Ride Home 9/12

Not too much to say about this one. My trip home was for a quick turnaround before heading back to the ABAC site visit meeting at Lynn and Lee Highway. It was the first time in a while that I've really felt comfortable on the bike (the first time since changing my tires, actually), so I guess I'm getting accustomed to them. Or maybe I'm getting better at managing my expectations on how fast I believe that I'm riding. Or something. I don't really know.
Saw a guy on 34th riding a baby blue Brompton. I told him that I liked his Brompton and he said thank you. He was wearing a bow tie, which I believe is required for all male Brompton owners.
Cyclists, I've noticed lately, are far to cavalier about making a left on the bridge from M. There was four of us attempting to do so. Two rode way past to the stop line and cut across the oncoming traffic lane, which was thankfully absent cars. The other guy sort of rode in the far right travel lane, which wasn't good since it had a green light and he was blocking the drivers behind him. I stopped at the light and waited for the green turn arrow before making my left onto the bridge side path and thereafter caught up to the two guys who jumped the gun. One might or might not have been totally hairless. I've seen him before, but I can't remember if I've blogged him.
I spotted a Galt/Taggart 2012 bumper sticker. I think it says a lot that even in the delusional fantasy world of an Ayn Rand devotee, a woman still can't be at the top of the ticket.
Stopped at the Teeter, which still has terrible bike parking. Managed to get home sushi in my pannier without incident, which is something of a first for me.
I managed to ride back to the meeting without incident, though with haste and perhaps not as law abidingly as possible.Clarendon has about the same level of perma-volume all the time and the pinch-points for bicyclists are almost always the same. Upon arriving at the meeting, I managed to safely cross Lynn Street, which means I think I won.
Unbeknownst to me (because I was aloof or whatever and was trying to tweet about it), there were a number of people who I follow on the twitter and who might even read this blog. I'd like to give a special shout out to friend of the blog, L., whose life-long dream, with this very mention, has now been accomplished and without having to wear funny socks. To anyone else who was there with whom I failed to converse, I can assure you that I feel unlucky to have missed that opportunity and at the next occasion at which outraged citizens gather with pitchforks to yell at public servants, I'll certainly be more social. And perhaps baleful.

2 comments:

  1. Goal achieved! It's the little things. Next time I won't be frantically texting my boss and running away to work so I can stick around and be social/talk about brandishing baseball bats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really- it should at least be Taggart/Reardon!

    ReplyDelete